The Application-Level Security Platform for Your Cloud-Native Apps
Octarine secures all the microservices of all your cloud-native apps, regardless of how or where they are deployed – in public and private clouds, using containers, virtual machines or serverless. With Octarine, you get the insights and protection you need to ensure your cloud-native apps align with all your business and security objectives.
The Octarine Application-Level Security Platform consists of the Octarine Controller, which can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and a mesh of lightweight modules, OctaGuards, that are tightly coupled with the microservices. OctaGuard is based on Envoy the open-source proxy designed for cloud-native applications.
- The Octarine Controller processes the metadata collected by the OctaGuards and automatically adapts policies, based on current conditions, to ensure they remain aligned with your business and security objectives. The Controller’s Visibility, Security and Policy Engines uncover insights, identify threats and automate the definition and enforcement of access control and content-level policies based on real-time cloud-native conditions.
- OctaGuard collects metadata on the microservices and enforces policies pushed down by the Controller to ensure all microservice activity is authenticated and authorized and security threats are shut down.
From a single pane of glass, gain insights into all microservice activity across all your environments
- Topology and policy visualization of all your microservices makes it easy to understand exactly what’s going on with your cloud-native apps.
- Single pane of glass helps you see the big picture and make decisions that maximize the value of your cloud-native apps.
- Threats and policy violations are highlighted to accelerate the identification and remediation of any risks.
Easy Policy Management
Automatically adapt policies to adjust to current conditions and keep enforcement aligned with business and security objectives
- Identity-based control allows you to authenticate each and every microservice and authorize activity based on declarative or learned policies.
- Automated policy enforcement ensures the authorization and authentication of traffic to and from a microservice is adjusted based on changes in a microservice's behavior.
- Vendor and platform independence allows you to quickly and easily deploy security in any environment and deployment model - cloud, VM, container, serverless, etc.
Strong Application Security
Simplify network security infrastructure and diminish expensive attack damage and recovery times
- Authentication and authorization ensure only legitimate and secure microservice communications (east-west traffic) are established and allowed.
- Automatic encryption of traffic safeguards privacy without exception, which also means you no longer need to deploy VPNs to secure traffic between multi-cloud environments.
- Adaptive policies protect against security threats, as Octarine's artificial intelligence and machine learning detection mechanisms identify and shut down new risks.
Quickly understand what's going on with your cloud-native apps and spot threats within your environment
“ By 2019, 60% of server workloads will use application control (whitelisting)”